Friday, September 3, 2010

Post Secret-ish

I am currently in the process of cleaning out my room at home in Minnesota. My room is pretty much like it was when I left for college, most of my pictures are the same as are the decorations. Since I only live here a marginal percentage of the time it is only appropriate that my room be turned into an actual guest bedroom rather than a shrine to a teenaged girl. 

I found this jar, the "Jar of Smiles", that we made and decorated in middle school with compliments from different girls in my class  (I went to an all girls school so these types of things weren't as weird as they sound I assure you). There was a larger note inside with my name on it signed by a lot of my friends with inside jokes (none of which I really remember) peppered all over it. As I was reading it I found an unsigned comment, since it was anonymous it felt rather "Post-Secret-y." 

Since I took the picture of it on my computer it is all backwards, but the top left corner says:

"You are so cool. You always know what to say & how to say it. I wish I did."

I have absolutely no idea who wrote it but it is that sort of sad/sweet thing you see on Post Secret. (And no, I did not write that about myself, my handwriting was much neater--I did however, draw my name. See above photo.) I hope that girl found her confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment