Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's All Greek to Me

Santorini is amazing. Mykonos was a blast. This trip has been maybe too much fun.

Anyway quick story: Today a kid and I signed up for this day trip to take a boat to the volcano, "hot" springs (not so hot) and another island. While waiting at the port (for our pirate ship) I saw a girl standing there alone. Me being me, I went up and introduced myself. Turns out she was from Washington D.C. Turns out she went to the same high school as my brother. Turns out she was in the same grade as Jack at that high school. And she is good friends with one of his old friends. Can this world get any smaller?

Off to Crete (hopefully) tomorrow!

Oh and I learned how to ride a scooter. But that, my friends, deserves a whole blog post unto itself.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 14, 2010

    JILL. I am displeased thoroughly with the recent dropoff in number of blog posts here. SAD.

    (I am pleased, however, that Kate 2.0's last couple of blog posts have dealt with the shenannigans of a certain gnarly-haired person and a kid-hating boss. Because I cannot be reassured enough that my opinions were well-founded.)

    ReplyDelete