Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July!!!!

Independence Day for America is my favorite holiday (summer, beer, hot dogs, ice cream, sparkly explosions--I think I just described my future wedding ceremony). Some people love Christmas, Thanksgiving or even their birthday but most of my friends from college and I love July 4. And frankly, I don't think I've ever had a bad July 4.

This past weekend was nothing short of a total blast. Although Saturday was technically July 3, my friends and I spent the day swimming at the lake, eating hamburgers & hot dogs (mostly me there), watching fireworks and making the boring Rivella tent into a truly hoppin' dance party. This included, but was not limited to, two duets by my awesome friend Phil and I, complete with matching dance moves. Pictures to follow. Phil has been described as my male counterpart and when the two of us are together we become all out "attention-whores." Despite this, I think we were still pretty entertaining.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and 4th of July! I'm off to Greece tomorrow (ah!) for two weeks but I'll try to update when/if I can!



Emily, Me, Phil (with fiancée stand-in, the case of beer), Kristina, Adam (fellow blogger and photographer extraordinaire) & Nick riding the classic July 4 camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment