Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GOALLLLLL

I have yet to stop screaming from the game winner that the USA scored. Holey moley, that was awesome. The match played on my nerves (anxiety attack anyone?) but man was it exciting!

The only thing that was a little disappointing was that England played at the same time as the US so on the BBC it was clearly playing England. I scrolled through the next 30 channels to try to find the Algeria/USA match and finally found it on France2. Let me tell you, as much as I love the French language, watching sporting events in French is just not the same.

Allez les Etas-Unis!


Oh and, at one point when the crowd showed American fans I saw a guy sporting a Minnesota Twins hat. Ironic that it was a baseball team's hat (albeit their colors are red and blue) at a soccer match but at least there was some Minnesota representation!

No comments:

Post a Comment