Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baby Mama

I miss TMoTB, and I guess TB too. Last week Boy and TBoTB were in tennis camp together so I got to see TB and TMoTB on a daily basis, not to mention the three times we spoke on the phone. This week they are on vacation in New York and I am TB-less. After I drop Girl off at camp in the morning the route home takes me in front of TB's house and the look I give the house is not unlike longing. TMoTB was a friend and an adult I could trust to give me good advice, restaurant suggestions, travel tips for new cities and let me know where the sales were (although our budgets were drastically different).

Over the Christmas holiday my father and I were working on my resumé and my mom said I was lucky because I had an incredibly intelligent person aiding me, and that person only had my best interests at heart (or maybe it had something to do with him not wanting his 23 year old daughter to move back in!). And I'm pretty sure that's how it was with TMoTB. She always told me to do what's best for me and although she will probably never know, knowing her made my year so much better.

2 comments:

  1. so why dont you tell her that same thing you wrote? i'm sure she would be flattered to hear how much you appreciated your relationship with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (or maybe it had something to do with him not wanting his 23 year old daughter to move back in!).
    Tell your dad you are going to be getting life & career advice from uncle Joe from now on, you will be home in no time flat & proubly grounded!
    I'm (kinda) sure your father misses you and would love to have you at home.JC

    ReplyDelete