Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh, Boy?

My last semester of college I took a Gender & Communications course (go liberal arts education!) and learned a lot about gender stereotypes and how they can effect one's whole life. I like to consider myself open minded and open to breaking gender stereotypes (except really long nails on guys. Actually long nails on anyone--yeesh).

With that being said, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation that presented itself the other day:

I was playing trucks with Girl in her room whilst Boy was upstairs listening, dancing and singing along to... wait for it... Lady Gaga. I'd like to say that this is a new thing for Boy but since I've caught him painting Girl's nails, attempting to do her makeup, wearing his mother's high heels and coming into the room with a FULL face of his mother's makeup (we can't even call this "guy-liner" it was straight up girl style).

I often call Girl "girlfriend" but perhaps I'm saying it to the wrong child? (Just kidding mom, I won't be that mean to Boy).

No comments:

Post a Comment