Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Monday!

This morning I went to TB's house as per usual. Since my kids didn't have school I knew TBoTB (the brother of That Baby) would most likely be home, and I'd be hanging out with him as well. TBoTB is perhaps the most well mannered, kind, thoughtful boy (without being obnoxious) and I really enjoy him. When TMoTB answered the door she said, not unkindly, "What are you doing here?" I told her we mentioned Friday see you Monday and that I was home so I would see if she needed me. She said if I wanted I could stay otherwise I was free to go. She had the appropriate response when I told her I missed the chance to go to Istanbul (appropriate response being outraged gasp) and told me what a shame it was I didn't get to go.

I noticed four sets of photos on the table, wallet sized pictures of TMoTB, TFoTB, TBoTB and then me. I gave her a quizzical look and she explained that they were going to get their season passes for this pool (one that I took Boy and Girl to a lot last year, sometimes having to pay my own entrance fee) and she thought that, since I love to be in the sun and
outside, that I could take TB there on my mornings with her. And wouldn't it be nicer if I just had a pass, so I could go with my friends and not have to pay? Not only did they buy my pool pass (no inexpensive pass mind you) they actually used a good photo of me for the picture! (The picture is of TB and I the day of her Baptism.)

I took TB and TBoTB to the pool where we played, had lunch, suntanned (me, not TB) and where TB peed (on me--apparently those "water-safe diapers" aren't leak proof...) and had what my father would call "a poop explosion." (Is it odd that poop explosion is a catch phrase of ours?) Despite the massive fecal matter situation awaiting when we arrived home it was a very enjoyable day.

I've said it once, I'll say it again: I love TMoTB.
Another funny TB story to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment