Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unnecessary Roughness

Although Jack and I used to get into pretty physical fights (for fun and exercise as a child) real violence is something I'm not okay with. I remember watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" with my family as a kid and my mom cringing at the videos where some one was injured while my dad, brother and I laughed. Now I find myself in the same situation. My kids are currently watching Home Alone 2, Lost in New York and I can't help but cringe at the needless violence. I get that it is just supposed to be funny, but still. Boy is howling when the bad guys get hit in the face with bricks and I just feel a little sick. Oh well, needless violence for this kid, is not okay.


1 comment:

  1. I could tell you stories about your father & uncle Jerry picking on me(when our parents where out of the house)but him being a lawyer, I may be opening myself up to slander.-JC

    ReplyDelete