Monday, April 26, 2010

Like Mother, Like Au Pair

Living with The Mother for nearly 10 months, some of her habits (and language) were bound to rub off on me. I just didn't expect it to be ironing.

I've written before about how I loathe the ironing but today I found myself, yet again, re-organizing my closet (closet is perhaps too generous of a phrase, it is really an armoire). But instead of just dumping my clothes onto the floor, folding them and then putting them back I pulled them all out, ironed every single article of clothing, folded them and then put them away. I couldn't bring myself to look at let alone wear these wrinkled articles. Weird, very weird (for me, not for normal people I realize).

While I've never been particularly good at keeping my clothes neat and tidy I've never been as bad as I've been here. I realized that it's partly storage capacity, partly me and partly time constraints. Often if I want to go out in the evening I had approximately twelve minutes to change and dash to the bus, so I get to my room and rip clothes out of my closet and end up throwing the rejects back in. And I literally mean I throw them into my closet. Perhaps if I put a little more thought into my outfits beforehand I could keep my stuff more organized. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment