Friday, April 16, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love TMoTB.

Tomorrow is TB's baptism and TMoTB and TFoTB invited me (which, I think, is a really lovely gesture). When she invited me TMoTB said, "Well The Mother, Boy & Girl will be in coming, and our friend asked The Mother if her two boys could stay with her that weekend (and The Father is out of town) so I can understand if you won't want to come. TFoTB and I want you to come as a guest, not to work. And we know all the kids love you [true] but we want don't want you to feel obligated to work. Since The Mother is pregnant I'm afraid she'll just say that she's tired and you should take care of the kids." And when I told TMoTB that I would be in attendance she was really excited (which, of course, has made The Mother start to plan for Boy's First Communion in June--yipee).

I wrote before how TMoTB and The Mother seem to have this little source of contention over who has possession over me (I think that would be my parents, after so many thousands of dollars spent on education I think they might own me forever). They always like to take little digs at one another, usually regarding the amount and the type of work I do for the other, so I'm wondering how tomorrow will be at the baptism.

TMoTB told me that the priest baptizing TB has asked each person there to come forward, light a candle and say (out loud!) a wish for TB. Weird, I know. I'm hoping that Girl will just be the spokesperson for our group, but if I have to go up I think I'll say, "TB, I wish you a lifetime of happiness and health, and I hope that you always recognize how lucky you are to have such a loving and supportive family in your life."

Like I said, I really love TMoTB.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous post(JC)was much more interesting-JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I'll try to keep my posts centered around Uncle Joe for the future!

    ReplyDelete