Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Habitually

You know how everyone has those annoying and/or quirky habits? Well this is a story of how two became intertwined this morning.

After several (painful and expensive) years of orthodontia I finally had metal-free, straight teeth and I am pretty set on keeping them that way. I am also terribly afraid of having food stuck in my teeth (years of food-trapping braces will do that to a girl) so my weird habit is flossing. I love to floss, I carry it with me pretty much everywhere. Once when I was "working" at lacrosse practice a girl in the gym broke her glasses and, I kid you not, I fixed her glasses with floss. I love floss and I love to floss (and that's why I love the dentist).

Boy, on the other hand, loves to go to the toilet and then not flush. Can you see where this is headed?

This morning I go upstairs to the guest bathroom (which I leave my tooth-brushing accoutrements in) and grab my toothpaste, toothbrush and beloved awesome floss-brusher thing from the box on the ledge. Then, the worst happens.

I drop my flosser IN the toilet. The toilet, I then realize that is filled with urine. If a swear word could combine with "yuck" I think I said it this morning. I was in a serious dilemma: My poor flosser was not only IN the toilet but in the pee-filled toilet. (Only made grosser by the fact that it was not my pee.) But I couldn't just leave my poor, plastic baby in the toilet because it certainly wouldn't flush.

What's a girl to do?!

So it was a sad day in the Family house, I said goodbye (via plastic baggie around my hand) to my flosser, it will be missed.

I think boy is going to have to learn to give up his annoying habit...

No comments:

Post a Comment