Friday, February 12, 2010

I Did It

I finally did it. I couldn't help myself.

I took a taxi home.

First it is really cold out. And second, the train let me off at the stop that comes out in front of the taxi stand instead of the one further down--it was serendipitous. Or at least very convenient.

There have been so many times when I've taken the train home late and said to myself, "If it is ____ [raining, snowing, et cetera] I will take a cab." And every time, it has been, and every time I haven't. But today was different, maybe because I didn't spend any money when I went out tonight but I needed that taxi. And after nearly nine months without ever having taken one, I felt I deserved it. Yes it was 15CHF to go one mile (it makes me ill) but I made it home in record time. Sure I will most likely never do that again, but tonight, it was worth it.

1 comment:

  1. guuurlll you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete