Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolute Resolutions

I would write this tomorrow but seeing as how I will be traveling for 25 hours (woof) I figure I better write this now.

I really don't like New Year's Eve, maybe it's because I've never had a particularly amazing one, but it has never seemed all that cool. (I mean when don't we stay up until 12 and drink too much?) Although Cait says everyone, "Has more purpose to their party," I'm not a fan. So I guess it was very convenient that my flight(s) back to Switzerland disallow me from going out. What I do love is the New Year and New Year's Resolutions. There is something so cathartic about having a set day to start over. Everyone always says, "Oh I'll start that _____ tomorrow." And there really isn't a better time to start something than January 1.

So here are my New Year's Resolutions:
1. Practice my French more often with more people.
2. Eat less Nutella.
3. Travel more.
4. Spend less money (Number 3 and Number 4 are always in constant conflict...I'll let you know who the winner is).
5. Get a real person job (Or if I can't do that, move to another exotic location and get a job far, far away from children).
6. Try to complain less about my job, and brag more about living abroad.
7. Learn how to pack lightly.

Yeah I threw that last one in there for good measure, I mean I'm 23, if that hasn't happened yet, will it ever?

My last day in the U.S.--worked on my resume with my dad (thanks dad!), shoveled the driveway, and attempted to fit all my clothes in the bag they came in... Wish me luck!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment