Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like... Christmas?

You know how there are some things that just don't feel right without your close friends and/or family? You know like Thanksgiving, weddings (I imagine), funerals, graduations, birthdays, trashy t.v. show premiers, those types of things. Well Christmas is definitely at the top of the list. Every family has traditions and characteristics that truly get you into the holiday spirit, and for me that tradition is our Christmas tree. I know it sounds stupid but I have always loved picking out the tree with my dad (because we think the bigger the better) and decorating it with my family. The first year that my dad didn't wait for me to pick out the tree? It fell over and had to be tied to the walls with string (sounds a bit like the Griswald family eh?). I talked to my dad yesterday when he and my brother were going to get the tree, I told him if it doesn't scrape the ceiling (the 13 foot ceiling) then it's no good. My brother told me they got a big one, though I think the ceiling remained unscathed. The tree we have here is something out of a Charlie Brown tree, definitely not worthy of admiration!

At least it snowed (sort of) in Z├╝rich today. It's been raining (what?! It's December!) a lot so the snow was a welcome change.

1 comment:

  1. teeth-kicker-innerDecember 17, 2009

    My host family does not have one at all. They hung up some pathetic red shiny plastic balls on an equally pathetic plastic bamboo tree, which resides permanantly in the living room corner anyway. LAME

    ReplyDelete