Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm Sorry, Could You Repeat That?

I was reunited with Allison last night (yes!) and we went out for drinks. When it was my turn to buy a round I ordered three beers and took out a $50.

Bartender: "That will be $12."
Me: "I'm sorry, I missed that. How much again?"
Bartender: "Twelve dollars."
Me: "Are you joking?"
Bartender: "Yeah, nah it's actually $24."
Me: "Oh, okay!"
Bartender: "No, it really is $12."
Me: "Wow! Thank you so much!"

The bartender sort of cocked his head to the side but I didn't explain why I was in such disbelief. Twelve dollars for three beers?! Definitely not Semi-Swiss.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!



3 comments:

  1. I am soooo jealous!!!!! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you not feel the need to mention the random encounter of that night? Or the insane blizzard? Geez, usually people make their stories sound a zillion times better than they really are, but you made us seem like Mother Theresa...at least in comparison to how the night really went!!!!

    ReplyDelete