That is awesome.
There are some other awesome things (though maybe none as exciting as realizing I can read French!):
- The other day I was grabbing money from my secret stash to go with Stephanie to buy a birthday present (don't worry mom, I was reimbursed. And also why is: a) Hello! Kitty so popular still? b) Why is it so expensive?! Thirteen francs for a pen?! Oh yeah... it's Switzerland) and I realized that I had one more 100 CHF bill than I thought! It was like when you find a $20 in your jacket pocket... but five times better.
- My friend Kylie's blog. It is clever, well written, creative and definitely funnier than mine. (Plus she loves Nutella too).
- SuperSaver Tickets. You can look up & buy cheaper train tickets. Saving money? Always awesome.
- I am seeing friends from Denison this weekend in Geneva! Traveling=awesome. Traveling to meet up with Denisonians=even better.
- The au pair meeting on Wednesdays.
- Family members reading your blog (Hi Uncle Joe & Aunt La & Uncle Jerry!)
- Hearing American teenagers. I know this sounds weird, because teenagers are pretty annoying (I know, I was one) but I heard a bunch of them on the bus this evening and it's nice to know that even though these kids are living in Switzerland, teenagers are still teenagers, no matter the country.
- Wednesday after the au pair meeting I was walking around town with my friend Kate. It was a beautiful "downright balmy" (as Kate put it) November day, we were walking around a gorgeous European city--and this is our "job." That's awesome. And to make it even better? We decided, at 2:30 in the afternoon, to enjoy Zürich a little more with a beer. No open container rule? Not to be redundant, but that's awesome.
Happy (almost) Weekend!