Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm Thankful For

Tonight was my second of three Thanksgiving dinners! The first was Canadian Thanksgiving--does that even count?--the second was with an au pair friend Kate, and the third will be at Kristen's on Saturday. Three times the gluttony...

Since it's Thanksgiving I composed a little list of what I am thankful for.

I'm Thankful For:

  • Nutella (AND Carambars! I still love both Kylie)
  • Skype
  • Not having student loans (Thanks M&D)
  • Public transportation (even though I was not thankful that my bus smelled like a combination of urine and vomit this afternoon)
  • Thanksgiving dinner with Kate!
  • That the family remembered a) my birthday next week (Note to M&D: My birthday=next Wednesday, in case you forgot) and b) Thanksgiving today
  • My friends & family home & abroad
  • Brockenhauses
  • To be living in Switzerland!
  • And last, but certainly not least, this afternoon as I was Christmas shopping (also thankful that I'm halfway done!) in Z├╝rich I tripped up the sidewalk--the sidewalk went up and I did not--(hey, it happens) and I ripped my jeans. And not on the knees where I fell, it was back upper thigh area, leaving me embarrassed, and slightly chilly, and I'll bet you're wondering why I'm thankful for this. I'm just thankful that it wasn't my favorite pair of jeans!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment