Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Already Itchy

Two in one day! Unfortunately I bring you:

The childcare industry necessitates a lot of flexibility. One day the child goes to the doctor and the next day he's got a gluten allergy--I get it. But, with that being said, the parents need to provide the childcare-giver some information.

So here is my inconclusive list of things au pairs (and other care givers) should know:
-dietary restrictions
-allergies (food, medication, seasonal and otherwise)
-asthma
-learning difficulties
-diabetes
-any allergy that requires one to stick a needle into him/her to keep child alive

-health issues: prone to ear infections/pink eye/et cetera? Let me know!
-LICE. LICE. LICE. Please don't let your au pair find out from the eight year old while he is RUBBING HIS HEAD AGAINST YOUR SHIRT.

ICK.

In third grade there was a lice epidemic (yes epidemic) in my class. Now as a self-proclaimed "dirty kid" (I hate to shower. Seriously it's too much work for too little payoff) even I took great pains to avoid it. Just my luck to stay lice-free it in a classroom filled with lice-y children only to be struck down at the age of 22! Sure I don't know if I have it or not (I will shave Mark's head myself if I do) but I'm already feeling itchy....

(And don't pretend like you wouldn't be dramatic about it either. I have an au pair f
riend who used rubber gloves to bathe one of her lice-infected children... I think I might wear them all the time!)

ICK. This is what my face looks like currently...




Sorry for the over-sharing of information. I just had to write about it!

1 comment:

  1. I love you...hahahaha! If I have it now, I will SHAVE your head missy!

    ReplyDelete