Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Crying Karma

It has got to be karma. Many of you might not know this but I can cry at the drop of a hat. Sad movie? Overflowing tear ducts (just ask anyone who has watched My Girl with me). Sad book--game over. I've even been known to get bleary eyed at a sad commercial (pathetic). I can make myself cry--which was extremely beneficial growing up with an older brother! Even when I laugh really hard I cry. Like today, a fellow au pair mentioned how she wound up at a Shaggy after-party. I said, "Shaggy, the one that sang 'Shorty you're my angel/you're my darling...' I didn't even know he was still famous." Well I went downstairs from the café to the market with another au pair and we were laughing about Shaggy and I kid you not, that song came on! We were laughing so hard that I started to cry. I told you, I'm a crier. No one knows this better than my immediate family. They have this inexplicable ability to make my cry at the drop of a hat. When I start to get frusterated with them instead of arguing back I burst into tears. If a boy were to tell me I looked ugly I would tell him to go to where the sun don't shine, but if my brother said it, definite waterworks--it's truly terribly and I thought by now I'd outgrow this habit. I'm sure it annoys the crap out of my family and for this reason I am, or course, the au pair of "criers." And, of course, it annoys the crap out of me.

Mark & Stephanie cry for different reasons. Mark falls down a flight of concrete stairs, head first, and doesn't shed a tear. But when I un-jinx (yes PDT we play jinx) Stephanie first after I had jinxed them both (also PDT style) Mark cries. That makes me less likely to unjinx him, perhaps ever again. Stephanie is five so she spends most of her time tripping up and down things and generally injuring herself. She, like Mark, is pretty tough and will only cry if she is really tired, and/or feels that it will get her picked up. (Being a 30 pound five year old gets you picked up a lot because its just so easy!) He cries when he has to do something he doesn't want to do (like English homework), she cries when she wants something (like a snack). Since Mark & Stephanie aren't my family being around them doesn't make me want to cry, but my thoughts usually drift to the more violent forms of protest... This has got to be karma, rearing its ugly head again.


Also on a totally different note: I was wondering about my blog posts. I have been writing more in November and I was wondering if it is too much? Should I go back to the weekly or biweekly posts, or keep up with the near-daily posting? Please let me know what you guys think! Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. I say write as much as you can! If you've got an idea for a post, why hold back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good for me...I get so bored during my long days when naps are what we center around...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I check your blog at least once a day, I'm always happy to see a new entry. Just wish Jack wrote more than once a month. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to make the blog interactive carr! i say the more the merrier...it allows me to go to europe for 2 minutes from my cubicle (even the ones about shopping). Hope everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 5 year old is in a 'i'm a baby stage' and when he cries it's the fakest (and most annoying) cry ever. Seriously, "Whaaaa Whaaaa!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. kicker of teethDecember 18, 2009

    Nooo! Post lots. Lots and lots and lots. :)

    Sho'ty, you're my angel.

    ReplyDelete