Monday, October 19, 2009

Kitchen Karma

After reading my post about my earlier cooking woes some of you might not believe that my luck in the kitchen was changing. Well it did, but don't worry, my kitchen karma caught up with me.

Last week in addition to the fun things I did with Stephanie we also did a little baking. Now my chocolate chip cookies had never (and I mean never) been the right shape, nor been soft in the middle--they had alw
ays turned out melted, extra crispy, and not very good. Well this time not only did they come out beautiful (I need to take a picture! I promise, I'm going to start posting more pictures) but they were soft in the middle. I don't know how it happened, and if it will ever happen again but I was pretty jazzed. We also made banana bread. Why? I haven't a clue, but last Tuesday I decided that banana bread was a swell idea. It turned out to be a great success. Again, have no clue why and I;m not sure if I could recreate the masterpiece a second time, but it was nice to know that I did it at least once.

But, what goes up, must come down. And this time it came down in the form of a knife (well two actually). I was doing dishes from the family's dinner last week (on my own accord, because I'm that fantastic of an au pair) and as I
was cleaning a butcher knife, the big scary one, it happened to slice into my right pointer finger. Not only painful but bloody! It's in a bad spot too because every time I bend that finger the wound reopens... Luckily, Stephanie has been applying the Band-Aids (Spongebob) and Polysporin (Europe's Neosporin) so one day I hope to have a fully healed pointer. Today the victim of my second knife wound was the left pointer finger. I was cutting bread for sandwiches (the only reason we had fresh bread for sandwiches is because we ran out of white bread--which makes me laugh because all of the white bread packaging here has American flags on them) and sliced into my finger next to the nail. Ouch!

So, kitchen, I've learned my lesson. I'll stop being successful if you stop maiming me. Deal?


This picture explains itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment