Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lessons In Rejection

Tomorrow is my two month anniversary (time flies) so I figured it was high time to open a bank account and really get settled into my Swiss-ness. First I went to UBS, then to CreditSuisse, then Zuricher Kanton Bank, then Die Riefsbüro: reeeejecccted! Why? Because I'm American. No joke. They take one look at my card (saying that I live and work in Switzerland legally) and say, "Oh.. you're American? Umm.. well hold on let me check." They then call someone who is higher up to give me the bad news, "Sorry, we've been having a lot of issues with our American accounts and it's really quite complicated to set up a new account. And since you're only an au pair and you're only here for a year... Well we can't do it. Sorry."

So this is what rejection feels like...

No comments:

Post a Comment